domingo, 31 de maio de 2015

The Perks of Speaking more Than a Language

This week, I would write about the second part of last post (about little tips for learning a language easily).

But it hit me today that I do need to write about the perks of learning a language. I decided to write about it because many people who don't learn languages don't understand how it feels to be able to do some things like the ones I will write here...


1. Meeting more people and learning more about their countries by their own source.
  It's undeniable. We are social as humans. And for those who like to explore and learn about other stuff, different than ours... That does make us happier, and change us by people.

2. It helps us to discover much about our own personalities.
    There are some resources that state we have got variations on our personalities while speaking a language. For me, personally, it fits perfectly. I never felt the urge to describe, but I feel the differences, as an example, when I speak Italian, it feels so different, it sounds really expressive for me, therefore, I am really expressive when I chat in this language...

3. We have got a wide bigger source of information online.
    Due to the diffusion of the internet, it became really easy to find information, although, there are some things that have not been translated so far. For example, I can learn for free a new language which I would have to pay for material in my native language online. Expanding not only our horizons, but making new opportunities to reality.

4. We become more social.
      I don't know whether that is common sense, but for me it works. I mean, I can't deny that since the first day I started to learn my second language until now, I changed and became a lot more sociable... (Hey, wait up, I was not anti-social before lol). But when we learn a language, we have got to expose ourselves to the language by chatting and having any forms of contact whatsoever. It does make us develop many other social skills...

5. It is just awesome!!
     To conclude this post, there is nothing more to say but that languages are awesome and, of course, our self-esteem improves to a higher level. We feel capable of doing anything, we feel like the world is ours...

THAT, my friend, is priceless!

I will see you next week!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário