quinta-feira, 30 de abril de 2015

The way - Part II - Grammar Hammer or not? Here is the question...

Note: I have been a blogger for years, but it is new for me to write about experiences and, of course, to maintain a blog in English, so I excuse myself for flaws that might come during the time. If you see any and would like to send me a message, don't hesitate! Here is my e-mail: viniciusarre@gmail.com. I am trying the best to share it here. I hope it will help you!


Well, the second part...

It would be redundant to say to have fun with it and pretty personal to talk about what you should do to have fun, but that is my way, so I think it would be decent to share how do I do it, obviously...

Well, when I start with a language, I never start with grammar. I never did and I never would do! I reckon it should be the other way around.

"But how would one do that? It just sounds like unreal".

Perhaps it does. If grammar works for you, good. But usually, people want to learn a language as a way of amusing themselves and exploring new things. I am not here to say that grammar is unimportant (I really like to study it, by the way!). It is. Although, how important is it?
Would it suit you if you knew all the grammar of every single language in the world and not being able to order a taxi without getting confused?

But, how would I do it without grammar? There would be lots of mistakes.

Oh really? I am not saying that wouldn't. But for starters they would be completely understandable. Everybody makes mistakes every now and then, even native speakers. I make mistakes in my native languages, not willing to, but it happens. It would be hard to find someone who knows everything about every single grammar. Grammar by itself is a sense of what is right or wrong but it may be variable...


I would say that it depends more on what you say than how you say it. If you are able to say things in the language, it would be enough for some time. Languages need to be learned for an entire life, you never stop learning. It would be possible for you to speak a language well in three months, a year. But, the way I learn I never think it is enough

And that, in my humble opinion, is the FUN of it...

Once again, this is nothing more than my point of view!

I hope you enjoyed it!

See you around the world,

Vinícius Arré

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário